Who may benefit from Voice Treatment?
- Does your voice fade during meetings or social activities?
- Is it difficult for others to hear you?
- Do others ask you to repeat yourself?
- Have you noticed your voice gets quieter at the end of the day?
- Do you have a diagnosis or Parkinson's or other neurological condition?
Have more questions? Find the answers here.
Ready for solutions? Keep reading...
Step 1. Contact me for a Free Consultation
Step 2. Evaluation
Evaluation consists of assessing:
- Phonation (voicing)
- Respiration (breathing)
- Articulation (jaw, lip, tongue movements to form the sounds)
- Your individual situation, environment and needs
- Other areas as indicated.
Your goals are my goals. Actual goals of previous clients included:
- "Give a presentation without straining my voice."
- "Read a story to my grandchildren."
- "Call out BINGO."
- "I want to argue again."
- "Order a cup of coffee."
- "Be able to call for help."
Step 3. Treatment
After evaluation, we will develop a treatment plan to meet your goals, and agree on a treatment schedule. Your plan will include 1:1 visits either in home or via the computer as well as a home program. Treatment is fluid, we will adjust your plan so that it works for YOU.
Your treatment plan may include any combination of the following:
- Vocal Hygiene Program
- Respiratory Support Program
- "Easy onset", gentle phonation strategies
- SPEAK OUT! - I am a provider of Parkinson Voice Project's SPEAK OUT! Program, a research-driven voice program designed to improve the strength of voice for people with Parkinson's. Learn more about Parkinson's, how speaking with Intent, and receiving speech therapy from a SPEAK OUT! provider can improve your communication with this video.
- Lee Silverman Voice Treatment (LSVT)
- I am certified in the nationally recognized, research proven LSVT LOUD program, as well as the telepractice version, known as E-LOUD. Even if you are not in my geographic area, you may still be able to receive speech therapy using telepractice.
- Recommendations for voice amplification and/or alternative communication options
- Other strategies and programs as appropriate